Home automation has been around since the 1970’s, but until the last few years it was so expensive only the wealthy could afford it. Now, with DFW Security, home automation Fort Worth is so reasonable it should be as common in the home as internet service. When you combine home automation with home security, you get an even more useful suite of features to increase efficiency, conserve energy, provide protection, boost awareness and manage your home more effectively.
What is Home Automation?
Just what exactly is home automation Fort Worth? Basically, it is the ability to control multiple systems in your home remotely, and/or have the systems work automatically together. Wireless technology allows devices to communicate with each other, and be controlled from a central location. In our case, the systems can be controlled from an internet connected computer, tablet or smart phone. A myriad of available features means everything can be customized to provide the services you want most. By integrating with a home security system, even more options are available.
Some examples of systems that can be controlled remotely:
Not only can these home automation Fort Worth systems be operated remotely, but they can be programmed to function automatically, based on the status or action of another system.
Some examples of systems working together automatically:
- When you arm your alarm system, all of your doors lock.
- When your fire alarm sounds, the HVAC system turns off.
- When you open the front door after dark, the hall light turns on.
- When an alarm is triggered, the cameras record.
- When you look your doors, your garage door lowers.
- When you arm your alarm in the away mode, the thermostats adjust to an energy-saving mode.
In addition to automatic actions being triggered by other systems, you can also program functions according to a time schedule that can even apply to specific days of the week.
Some examples of automation based on schedule:
- Turn the porch light on after 5pm.
- Record video if there is motion outside after midnight.
- Have the coffee pot turn on at 6:00 a.m.
- Locks the back door at 9:00 p.m.
- Adjust the thermostat at bedtime.
Know More With Text & Email Alerts
To make your home automation Fort Worth even more valuable, you can receive email or text message notifications when certain events occur. Select what you would like to know about, when you would like to know (in what situation – alerts are always sent instantly), how (email or text) you would like to know, and who wants to be notified in each situation.
Some examples of custom notifications:
- When the kids get home from school
- When the liquor or medicine cabinet is opened
- When grandma gets out of bed after midnight and doesn’t return within 30 minutes
- When there is an alarm
- When the garage door is left open too long
- When you forget to set your alarm
- When you leave the back door open
- When grandpa doesn’t get out of his chair for 3 hours
- When the cleaning service arrives
- When the doorbell rings
- When the kids adjust the thermostat
- When there is motion on the front porch at 2:00 a.m.
- When the back door is unlocked after 10:00 p.m.
If you select our video monitoring service, you can choose to have a video clip attached to your notifications. Now when the kids get home, you will know who was with them. When someone adjusts the thermostat, you’ll know who to blame. And when there is an alarm, the police will know who to look for. Adding video to your home automation Fort Worth takes your awareness to a whole new level.
- View live video on your phone, tablet or computer
- View multiple cameras at once, or choose single view
- View different locations from the same mobile app
- Record on demand
- Record on motion in a specific area
- Record on a schedule
- Record based on a security or home automation system event
- Easily search for recorded video clips online or from your mobile application
Video Monitoring is just one more element that makes DFW Security a great choice for home automation Fort Worth.